The RIC team will work with a CCI researcher on all aspects of proposal development and submission.
Tap the Torch
Research Proposal Development Resources
- External Funding Databases
- Pivot is a comprehensive, searchable database of funding opportunities and research profiles. Opportunities include federal, non-federal, foundation, and private opportunities, both domestic and international.
- Grants.gov is the most comprehensive public source for information on federal funding opportunities.
- iThenticate plagiarism tool. CICS has three licenses for use by CCI faculty and student researchers.
- University-Level Information from Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP)
Submission Timeline & Process
CCI Office of the Dean has specified that all CCI proposal submissions must be routed through the RIC office. The assistant director of Office of Sponsored Programs (OSP), David Smelser, has confirmed that our CICS processes meet OSP requirements.
- Identify funding opportunity
- Talk to college director and CICS about proposal idea
At least 1 month before sponsor deadline
- Register for submission management portals (e.g., Fastlane, grants.gov, ASSIST)
No less than 10 business days* prior to sponsor deadline
- Submit all proposal documents to the CICS office whether or not the PI has worked with CICS to develop the proposal
- CICS reviews the documents and works with OSP, consulting the PI as necessary, on outstanding questions to prepare the most complete documents possible.
No less than 5 business days* prior to sponsor deadline
- CICS uploads the documents to Cayuse as a submission to OSP
- To enable direct submission support in portals (e.g., Fastlane, grants.gov, ASSIST), give access to CICS
*does not include staff holidays and administrative closings
Well done! Proposal Submitted